It's a busy time of year for Santa Claus, but he's not so busy that he can't make a couple of stops in Upper Macungie this weekend.
First up, he'll head to the Applewood Neighborhood on Saturday Dec. 14, with a ride around the neighborhood, followed by a visit with families at 11 a.m. at the Applewood Club House parking lot.
On Sunday, Dec. 15, Santa will be at the Kay Brook and Green Hills Developments with stops at the following locations:
- The Kay Brook Green Hills Pool parking lot at 1 p.m.
- The intersection of Willow Way and Birchwood at 1:15 p.m.
- The intersection of Clauser and Highland at 1:30 p.m.
- The intersection of Rebecca Lane and Elderberry at 1:45 p.m.
- The intersection of Chapmans and Covered Bridge at 2:00 p.m.
- The intersection of Meadow and Cathedral at 2:15pm and the intersection of Cobbler and Warba at 2:30 p.m.
Also this weekend, the sounds of the holidays continue with winter concerts featuring Parkland students:
- Parkland High School Orchestra and 11th and 12th Grade Chorus/Chorale will present their Winter Concert at 7 p.m. Thursday at the high school. A Senior Citizen dinner will precede the event at 5:30 p.m. in the high school cafeteria.
- The Schecksville fifth grade Band/Strings/Chorus Winter Concert will be 7 p.m. Friday at Schnecksville Elementary School.
- Parkland High School Chorale will present its annual Winter Concert at Neff’s United Church of Christ at 7 p.m. Sunday.
- Shrek Theatre Workshop. On Dec. 21, and again on Jan. 5, Parkland High School Performing Arts Club will host a Children’s “Shrek” Theatre Workshop at 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Writers Unite. The Parkland Community Library is hosting a new group for aspiring authors at 7 p.m. Thursday at the library. You can drop in and talk and critique.
- "Remembering Newtown: A Candlelight Vigil."On Saturday, there will be a candlelight vigil in remembrance of the 20 children and six teachers killed last year at Sandy Hook elementary school in Connecticut. The vigil will be held at Bethlehem City Hall Plaza at 5 p.m. Those attending can donate an unwrapped new toy or new winter coat for a child under 12, to be given by local charities to local families in need. The event is hosted by the Lehigh Valley Chapter of Organizing for Action.
- Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser. An all-you-can-eat spaghetti fundraiser will be held from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at United Church of Christ of Greenawalds, 2325 Albright Ave., South Whitehall. Proceeds benefit a local firefighter and his family who are in need.
- 59th Annual Hanging of the Greens. Jordan United Church of Christ, 1837 Church Road, South Whitehall, will hold its 59th annual "Hanging of the Greens" at 7:30 p.m. Sunday. The event depicts the Nativity scene and story of Jesus' birth and explains the symbolism of Christmas decorations.