Also featured in and around town this weekend:
- Grim's Greenhouse, located at 9941 Schantz Road in Breinigsville, continues its Fall Festival this weekend. Attractions include a new corn maze, apple picking, pumpkin picking, hay ride tours, a play corral, a hay slide, a tube slide, and later in the season, flashlight Maze Nights. Most attractions runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Maze admission is $8 for adults and $6 for children 3 through 12. There are also many homegrown farm market items and sweet treats to choose from. Call 610-395-5655 for more information.
- Dorney's Park's Boo Blast offers daytime Halloween fun for kids this weekend. Boo Blast is free with park admission and open noon to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. (Planet Snoopy is open until 8 p.m. on Saturday). Dorney is offering a September special of $25 per ticket for four or more tickets purchased online. New this year is the Mansion House Hotel where kids can wander haunted hallways in search of friendly ghosts.
- Pumpkin painting
- Mask making
- Hay bale maze
- Petting zoo
- Extra $5 admission required
- Kids can hunt for treasures on a life-sized pirate ship
- More than 170,000 people are expected to volunteer Saturday at sites across the United States. It’s the 20th anniversary of National Public Lands Day, and its 20th anniversary. The effort began with three sites and 700 volunteers. Last year was the biggest year yet with 175,000 volunteers and 2,206 sites. There are 40 Pennsylvania sites are taking part in the National Public Lands Day on Saturday, including these local sites.
- Dozens of local museums are taking part in Museum Day Live this Saturday. All you need to do it fill out this form and you will be emailed a ticket that will admit two people to the museum of your choice for free on Saturday, Sept. 28. The ticket is only good for two people and you can only have one per household. The local and regional sites are listed here.
- Want to cook up a storm this weekend? Click here to read about some quick and easy weekend recipes.
- Got a hankering to go leaf-peeping? Here's the down low on where the best colors will be this weekend in the fall foliage report.
Visit the Patch calendar for other great events including:
Parma Pizza Kuhnsville Car Cruise
Parma Pizza Free Kuhnsville Free Child ID