Attractions include a new corn maze, apple picking, pumpkin picking, hay ride tours, a play corral, a hay slide, a tube slide and later flashlight Maze Nights.
Most attractions runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Maze admission is $8 for adults and $6 for children 3 through 12.
There are also many homegrown farm market items and sweet treats to choose from. Call 610-395-5655 for more information.
- Wanna Zumba? You can Zumba to your heart's content Friday at 9 a.m. at St. Paul's UCC Church, located at 1249 Trexlertown Road in Trexlertown.
- The race for the Lehigh Valley Conference football title and a District 11 playoff berth is getting hot. The Parkland High school varsity football team is right in the middle of the fray. The Trojans will travel to Bethlehem Area School District Stadium Friday night to take on Freedom. Kickoff is at 7 p.m.
- Monday is the Columbus Day holiday, giving some folks a three-day weekend. Banks have the option to close. Post offices are closed and there will be no U.S. Mail delivery. The Parkland School District is closed. Upper Macungie Township municipal offices are open. Garbage will be collected on a regular schedule. PennDOT driver license and photo centers will be closed Saturday through Monday.
Also featured in and around town this weekend:
- The Goodwill Fire Company No. 1 of Trexlertown, located at 7723 Hamilton Boulevard in Trexlertown, will once again start serving its monthly fundraising breakfast this Sunday. Breakfast will be served from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The menu includes eggs, pancakes, toast, a choice of two meats -- ham, bacon, sausage and/or mackerel.
- St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church, located at 8227 Hamilton Boulevard in Trexlertown, will host its annual Blessing of the Animals Sunday at 2 p.m. Hot dogs and sodas will be available with all proceeds donated to a local animal shelter.
- A writing workshop will be held at the Parkland Community Library at 1 p.m. Saturday. Join former English teacher Jane Killian for a poetry writing workshop. Poems will be read and written. Registration is required by calling 610-398-1361, ext. 19.
- Dorney's Park's Boo Blast offers daytime Halloween fun for kids this weekend. Boo Blast is free with park admission and open noon to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. (Planet Snoopy is open until 8 p.m. on Saturday). New this year is the Mansion House Hotel where kids can wander haunted hallways in search of friendly ghosts.
- Pumpkin painting
- Mask making
- Hay bale maze
- Petting zoo
- Extra $5 admission required
- Kids can hunt for treasures on a life-sized pirate ship.
Going on a drive to catch some fall colors this weekend? Take a look at Patch's Fall Foliage Guide to see where the some of the best, peak fall colors will be.
Visit the Patch calendar for other great events including:
Multi-Family Yard Sale at Valley West Estates in Breinigsville
Bach Choir of Bethlehem Gala 2013
Allentown AAUW Used Book Sale
Craft & Vendor Fair