Here's what's happening in and around Upper Macungie this week:
- Parkland School District will hold Locker Nights for Orefield Middle School students and Springhouse Middle School students on Tuesday from 5:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. This will give the middle school students an opportunity to orientate themselves for the coming school year.
- The Parkland High School golf team hosts Allen and Freedom in a Tuesday match starting at 11:30 a.m.
- The Parkland High School girls tennis team begins its regular season with a home match versus Freedom at 3:30 p.m.
- The Parkland Community Library will host its Book Quest discussion group Wednesday night at 7 p.m. at the library, located at 4422 Walbert Ave. in Allentown.
- The Parkland School Board will hold a workshop meeting at 7 p.m. and a regular meeting at 8 p.m. Tuesday at the administration building, located at 1210 Springhouse Road in South Whitehall
- The Upper Macungie Planning Commission will hold its monthly meeting Wednesday night at the township building, located at 8330 Schantz Road.