- Students at St. Joseph the Worker School in Orefield, begin their first day of classes on Monday.
Here is a list of orientation dates slated for this week in the Parkland School District:
Cetronia Elementary School: Wednesday, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Jaindl Elementary School: Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Parkway Manor Elementary School: Wednesday, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Schnecksville Elementary School: Wednesday, 5 p.m to 7 p.m.
Ironton Elementary School: Wednesday, 1:30 p.m. (new students) and Friday, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. (returning students)
Kernsville Elementary School: Wednesday, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Kratzer Elementary School: Thursday, 10:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Fogelsville Elementary School: Thursday, 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. (new students) and 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. (returning students)
- Springfield and Orefield Middle School New Student Orientation: Thursday. Bus picks up students at regular time noted on bus cards. Students depart home at 10:45 a.m.
- Parkland High School 9th Grade/New Student Orientation: Wednesday. Bus picks students up at regular time noted on bus cards. Students depart home at 11 a.m.
- The Pennsylvania Lottery’s Match 6 Lotto jackpot keeps rolling ever higher into record territory. The jackpot Monday's drawing has grown to $4.3 million, the game’s third-largest jackpot on record. The current jackpot run started after one ticket matched all six winning numbers in the May 13 drawing. Match 6 tickets cost $2 each. Players can choose six numbers from 1 to 49 or have numbers randomly selected by computer.
- The Parkland High School varsity football team opens its season with a home game against Delaware Valley at 7 p.m. at Orefield Middle School.
- The Parkland Community Library will hold its Books Into Movies discussion group Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the library, located at 4422 Walbert Ave. in Allentown.
- The Parkland School Board will meet Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at the administration building, located at 1210 Springhouse Road in South Whitehall.
- The Upper Macungie Recreation Board will meet Thursday night at 7 p.m. at the township building, located at 8330 Schantz Road.