The Trojans, under veteran head coach Jim Morgans, lost many key players to graduation but will still have some lofty goals again this year after an 11-3 season, a District 11 championship and a trip to the PIAA playoffs.
On Monday, Patch caught the Trojans going through several skills-based drills during the afternoon practice.
Parkland will get a taste of action against an opponent Saturday morning, when the team travels to Wilson West Lawn for an 11 a.m. scrimmage.
Here is a look at Parkland's 2013 football schedule:
- Friday, Aug. 30, vs. Delaware Valley, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 6, at Easton, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 13, vs. Northampton, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 20, at Liberty, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 27, at Whitehall, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 4, at Nazareth, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 11, at Freedom, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 18, vs. Bethlehem Catholic, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 26, at Allentown Central Catholic, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 1, vs. Emmaus, 7 p.m.