Editor's Note: Corrected to reflect when Kratzer Elementary School was last renovated.
Personnel and Finance Committee has completed a feasibility study to address borrowing money needed for districtwide repairs and maintenance.
The committee will address the board with the study, performed by USA Architects, in September, asking to float a $24 million bond issue for the following items:
- HVAC and exhaust systems
- Roofing projects
- Paving repairs and maintenance
- Parking lot repairs and maintenance
- Plumbing maintenance
- Bus purchases
- Building access system and surveillance camera upgrades
- Technology infrastructure and computer purchases
- Energy audits for larger schools (, , )
Superintendent Rich Sniscak said Kratzer was last renovated in 1991 and the district is having trouble finding replacement parts for broken items.
"This is the first step in a plan that in the next few months we should have the nuts and bolts of," said John Vignone, the district's director of business administration.