The Parkland School Board approved the following personnel changes at its Tuesday night meeting:
Employment of Personnel - The following individuals are recommended for employment, pending receipt of required clearances:
- Abbey L. Mason, of Perkasie, as a temporary family and consumer science teacher at Parkland High School, at an annual salary of $48,671, prorated, effective Feb. 1, 2013. Mason is recommended as a substitute for Nancy Bogart, who is on a sabbatical.
- Christina M. Gehringer, of Northampton, as a part-time clerical receptionist at Orefield Middle School, effective March 4, at an hourly rate of $15.34, to replace Cariss Cole, who resigned.
- Substitute list for administration, professional, support, maintenance, and food services staff for the 2012-2013 school year, at the board approved rates.
- Kathleen C. Mahoski, playground aide at Fogelsville Elementary School, effective Feb. 25.
Change of Status
- Cheryll Kosar, from part-time teaching assistant to full-time teaching assistant at Parkland High School, at an annual salary of $25,334, prorated, effective Feb. 20, to replace Kimberly Puff, who resigned.
Recall of Furloughed Personnel
- Jennifer Steigerwalt, of Lehighton, as a part-time custodian at Fred J. Jaindl Elementary School, effective Feb. 27, at an hourly rate of $16.37, replacing Charley Wittman, who moved to another assignment.