Today is a two for one, both a general primary and a special election. Be prepared to show your valid photo ID to the pollworkers; it is now the law! Here’s the information you need before hitting the voting booth:
- Guide to Touch Screen Voter System
- Lehigh County Voter Registration Office
- Lehigh County Voter’s Guide
Polling Places (Polls close at 8 p.m.)
- Upper Macungie 1st District: 6735 Cetronia Rd, Allentown.
- Upper Macungie 2nd District: Atas International, Inc., 6612 Snowdrift Rd, Allentown.
- Upper Macungie 3rd District: , 7850 Lime Street, Fogelsville.
- Upper Macungie 4th District: , 8227 Hamilton Blvd, Breinigsville.
- Upper Macungie 5th District: Wellspring Community Church, 5042 Schantz Rd, Allentown.
In a Special Election today for the 134th District, voters will choose the person who will serve out the remaining eight months of former state Rep. Doug Reichley's seat in the state House of Representatives.
and are vying for the seat, which became vacant when Reichley was elected as a Lehigh County judge.
All voters, including those not registered in a party, may cast ballots for either candidate in the Special Election.
In addition to choosing who will serve out Reichley's seat, voters also will choose their party's nominees for the 134th state House race. The primary winners will square off in the November general election for a two-year term that will begin in January 2013.
Slattery is unopposed in the Democratic primary for the seat, but Mackenzie faces in the Republican primary.
In the Primary, voters also will choose their nominees for president, U.S. Senate and the 15th Congressional District; and their delegates to the national conventions. is unopposed in the Republican primary for the 15th Congressional District seat. However, in Democratic primary for the seat, Jackson Eaton and Richard Daugherty vie for their party's nomination.
Voters also will choose their nominees for several state seats: Attorney General, Auditor General, state House (including the 183rd which serves South Whitehall) and party committee people.