1. Until Friday, Nov. 30, crews will pick up fallen leaves in township neighborhoods. In all, crews will have passed through every section of the township three times since mid-October.
2. The township can't say exactly what day leaves will be picked up in your neighborhood, given that more trees are planted in Upper Macungie each year.
3. If you want your leaves picked up, and since the township can't say when crews are coming, the township wanted you to place your leaves along the edge of the road before 7 a.m. on Mondays. Pickup is 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays.
4. Don't bother putting leaves in containers of any kind. Since the leaves are picked up mechanically, you have to dump out the leaves anyway into the gutters. Crews won't empty containers. You have to do it. (Keep cars away from the areas where the leaves are piled too.)
5. Branches, shrubbery, garbage, and building materials won't be picked up.
Any questions? contact the Public Works Department at 610-395-4892.