It's the last "unofficial" day of Summer.
So Monday is a great day to soak up the sun at least one more time (check the weather forecast, it's supposed to rain for much of the day), do a little bargain shopping, hit The Great Allentown Fair's closing day or hang out with family and friends for an End-of-Summer barbecue.
Some places in Upper Macungie Township will be open Monday for the Labor Day holiday.
But if you want to mail a letter, cash a check or take out the trash, you're going to have to wait a day until Tuesday.
- Most supermarkets, like the Fogelsville Weis and Trexlertown Giant will be open along with numerous retail outlets and restaurants throughout Upper Macungie Township. Car shopping? Krause Toyota in Fogelsville will be closed for sales and service on Labor Day.
- Upper Macungie Township offices and all government offices.
- Upper Macungie trash and recycling pickup will be on a holiday schedule, meaning that pickup will be a day later if scheduled on the holiday.
- The Parkland Community Library is closed.
- The Parkland School District is closed. Schools starts Tuesday.
- Most banks, but they have the option to open.
- No mailing Monday. The U.S. Postal Service is closed.
- All Lehigh County offices.
- The District Justice court of Judge Michael Faulkner.
- The U.S. stock and bond markets are closed.