Super Bowl Sunday Doesn't Thrill Everyone
There are many alternatives for the non-football fan to spend the day.
Starting today, Patch will run a new weekly feature called The List, highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
You’ll find useful lists to help you, your family, friends, and significant others find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year’s Eve celebrations, pumpkin patches, date night destinations, florists, girlfriend nights out, kids party places, parks and more. Stay tuned for our first list on how to spend Super Bowl Sunday -- if you're not a football fan.
The List: Where to Spend Super Bowl Sunday if You're Not a Football Fan:
● A majority of folks will gorge themselves on Super Bowl party food. But, you can have a great workout at Fitness Plaza, and probably have the place mostly to yourself. Just ignore the game on TV.
● Take in a movie. The AMC Tilghman 8 is was recently remodeled with new seats and digital seats.
● Ski , snowtube or just grab a drink and relax at Bear Creek Ski & Recreation.
● Shop for Valentine's Day. It's not that far away and places like Helzberg Diamonds are a great place to start.
● Go house hunting. It might be cold out and spring will be here before you know it and RE/MAX Realtors can help you locate that perfect house or apartment in the area.