Super Bowl XLVII starts at 6:30 p.m. Sunday. The game will include all those new ads plus a halftime show with Beyonce, who follows in the grand tradition of past acts Madonna, The Black Eyed Peas, The Who, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Prince, the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and U2.
CBS coverage will begin at 1 p.m. with "Super Bowl Today" until 5 p.m.
The "Super Bowl Kick Off Show" will start at 5 p.m.
You can follow full coverage of the XLVII Super Bowl from CBS Sports at your computer by going to www.cbssports.com/nfl/superbowl. CBS will be also be streaming it on www.cbssports.com/nfl/superbowl/live/online.
Join the Party in Upper Macungie
If you are a business owner planning something special and are not yet listed here, post your plans in a comment below and we will add it to this article:
- Hops Fogelsville Hotel, a 2012 Patch Readers Award winner, has long been known in the Upper Macungie area as a place to watch the big game in any sport, but the Super Bowl is the grandaddy of them all. The bar and restaurant will serve up its annual Super Bowl fare, including wings, appetizers, soups, salads, burgers and pasta dishes, in addition to chicken and veal entrees. Specials are available and bar patrons can enjoy pizzas baked on premises. A large beer selection is available in bottles and on tap.
- Sunset Grille, a Patch Readers Choice Award winner in 2012, will have the game on 10 screens and loads of food and drink specials, according to Joe Tasciore. The restaurant will offer $2.25 Miller Lite beer, a three-pound Super Bowl burrito, Baltimore crab cake sliders, a prime rib sandwich, appetizer samplers and "the best wings in West Allentown," Tasciore said. The party starts at 4 p.m.
- Florence Bar and Grille, another Patch 2012 Readers Choice Award winner, boasts several party specials, including chances to win a trip to Hawaii or Mexico! The party starts at 5:30 p.m. For $25, you can enjoy all-you-can-drink domestic drafts throughout the game and partake in a buffet that includes pizza, wings, soups and salads, plus the chance to win the trip. In addition, for $25, the restaurant's first annual wing-eating contest will be held.
- Rascals Food & Fun will offer $1 Coors Lite drafts during the game in addition to half-price appetizers. Wings and the restaurant's appetizer sampler platter are not included. Rascals is featuring three different sandwiches: a meatball sub with fries, a chicken parm sandwich and a chicken cheesesteak with fries for $5.99 each. Rascals one-gallon Fishbowl drink will be available for $25 and the quart-sized mini-Fishbowl is $10.
- At Boston's, The Gourmet Pizza, a restaurant and sports bar, customers can enjoy $5 Bud Light pitchers all day long on Super Bowl Sunday. During happy hour from 9 p.m. to close, customers can indulge in $5 individual pizzas, $5 nachos, $1 off craft microbrews, $3 house wines, $2.50 well drinks and $2 domestic beers.
- Bar customers at the Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley Hotel can partake in $10 all-you-can-eat wings throughout the course of the big game.
- Texas Roadhouse has sent an e-mail for a free Super Bowl Sunday appetizer to its VIP database customers.
- Vinny's Pizza is offering several Super Sunday takeout specials. It's your choice of two pizzas for $18.99; one pizza, two cheesesteaks and two orders of fries for $24.99 or a pizza, 24 wings and a two liter bottle of soda, also for $24.99.
- Parma Pizza also has takeout specials: two large pies and 12 wings for $24.99 and two larges pies and a two-liter bottle of soda for $19.99.
- Pizza Hut has a Super Bowl special featuring two large one topping pizzas, 14 wings, five breadsticks and a two-liter bottle of soda for $30.
- Vince's Cheesesteaks and Pizza offers one pie and two junior cheesesteak sandwiches for $19.99 and 10 jumbo wings for $7.99.
- For those planning at-home parties, the delicatessen sections of Giant Food Stores in Trexlertown and Weis Markets in Fogelsville can tailor party trays to your liking. Both supermarkets are open 24 hours for your Super Bowl shopping convenience.
Whatever you're planning, enjoy Super Bowl XLVII!