A recent study by the Chronicle of Philanthropy shows that people in the Upper Macungie area are in the middle of the pack when it comes to giving money to charities and donating to philanthropy.
The study shows Fogelsville residents gave $2.5 million, which ranked 10,777 out of 28,725 towns in Pennsylvania.
The study showed Breinigsville residents shelled out $2.1 million, which ranked 10,754 out of 28,725 town in the state.
Finally, the sudy showed Trexlertown residents gave $181,806, which ranked 23,173 out of 28,725 towns in the state.
For more information and facts about the study please visit:
Some of the overall facts of the study were:
- New England has the stingiest residents while residents of the Deep South are most generous (New Hampshire's the stingiest state)
- Rich people in wealthy, relatively homogeneous Massachusetts enclaves like Newton give a smaller share of their incomes to charity than rich people in diverse communities like Cambridge
- People who live in red states (Republican dominated) are more generous than those in blue (Democratic dominated) states
- Utah is the most generous state
- Salt Lake City tops the cities list – largely a sign of the power of Mormon tithing rules.
- Providence, RI, is rock bottom – likely a result of high unemployment and dwindling industry.
- People who live in politically conservative "red states" are more generous than those in liberal or "blue states."