Resolving to Lose Weight? Places to Go in the Parkland area
Take a walk in a park, or choose one of several work-out places in Upper Macungie, South Whitehall and North Whitehall.
Have you resolved to lose weight in the New Year?
There are plenty of places in Upper Macungie, South Whitehall and North Whitehall to kick-start the loss, whether you choose to join a health club, to take a walk in the park or to diet.
* Fitness Plaza, 1124 Glenlivit Drive, Fogelsville, 610-481-0100. The club features state-of-the-art cardio and weight training equipment, locker rooms, steam rooms, dry saunas and whirpools, in addition to personal training and group instruction.
* 24/7 Fitness Clubs/West End, 4636 Crackersport Road, South Whitehall, 610-395-3337. New adult members get a individual success planning session with a personal trainer, according to its website. The trainer establishes fitness baseline and helps set goals.
* Steel Fitness Premier, Suite 100 at the Integrated Health Campus, 250 Cetronia Road, Upper Macungie and South Whitehall. 610-973-1500. The club offers group fitness programs and has three pools including a lap pool. There are individual viewing screens and iPod docks on cardio equipment, massage therapy and nutrition counseling.
* LA Fitness, 1515 Mauch Chunk Road, South Whitehall. 610-432-7330. LA Fitness has gym equipment the includes weight machines, cardiovascular equipment, dumbbells, barbells and plates. Classes offered include Pilates, cycling, Step Plus Abs, yoga, belly dancing, Latin Heat, Aqua Fit and boot camp conditioning.
* Tiger Schulmann's Karate Centers, 4654 Broadway, South Whitehall. 610-395-2625. The center offers adult kickboxing and mixed martial arts.
* Leading Edge Martial Arts, 3239 Hamilton Blvd., South Whitehall 610-434-3343. Classes are offered from beginning level to advanced.
* Weight Watchers. Meetings are held throughout the Lehigh Valley, or you can join online.
Do you have a favorite workout place? How do you plan to get fit in the New Year? Tell us in the comments.