PennDOT Road Work: Week of March 17
Plan your commutes. The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation has scheduled road work in Upper Macungie and North Whitehall.
- Road: Interstate 78 between Route 100 and Route 863.
- Type of Work: Pothole patching
- Date: Monday-Wednesday, March 18-20, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Restriction: Lane restriction westbound on March 18 and March 20, and eastbound on March 19. Expect delays. Motorists are urged to watch for stopped vehicles when travelling through work areas.
- Rain will cause delays.
- Road: Orchard Road at Route 309.
- Type of Work: Construction
- Date: Tuesday, March 19, through May 25.
- Restriction: Orchard Road just west of Route 309 will be closed and detoured for work related to the ongoing PA 309/Sand Spring Road Intersection Improvement project. The detour utilizes Old Packhouse Road and Orchard Road.