Parkland OKs 2 Hires, 1 Resignation
The Parkland School Board approved personnel moves at its Tuesday night meeting. The board also OK'd its substitute list for administration, professional, support, maintenance and food services staff.
The Parkland School Board approved the following personnel changes at its Tuesday night meeting:
Employment of Personnel - The following individuals are recommended for employment, pending receipt of required clearances:
- Abbey L. Mason, of Perkasie, as a temporary family and consumer science teacher at Parkland High School, at an annual salary of $48,671, prorated, effective Feb. 1, 2013. Mason is recommended as a substitute for Nancy Bogart, who is on a sabbatical.
- Christina M. Gehringer, of Northampton, as a part-time clerical receptionist at Orefield Middle School, effective March 4, at an hourly rate of $15.34, to replace Cariss Cole, who resigned.
- Substitute list for administration, professional, support, maintenance, and food services staff for the 2012-2013 school year, at the board approved rates.
- Kathleen C. Mahoski, playground aide at Fogelsville Elementary School, effective Feb. 25.
Change of Status
- Cheryll Kosar, from part-time teaching assistant to full-time teaching assistant at Parkland High School, at an annual salary of $25,334, prorated, effective Feb. 20, to replace Kimberly Puff, who resigned.
Recall of Furloughed Personnel
- Jennifer Steigerwalt, of Lehighton, as a part-time custodian at Fred J. Jaindl Elementary School, effective Feb. 27, at an hourly rate of $16.37, replacing Charley Wittman, who moved to another assignment.