All Tuesday long, during their breaks, Nestle Waters employees at their Breinigsville plant were hard at work constructing recycling bins and garden kits for local organizations.
The project is part of a larger partnership to mobilize Nestle Waters North America employee volunteer efforts nationwide for a month of service. Locations in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Texas will also take part in projects with more than 300 employee volunteers participating.
The Nestle Waters employees were more than happy and eager to help.
"I like helping out kids to make them learn how to recycle and help the environment by planting flowers," said Tina Smith of Pine Grove.
"It's always nice to help out and volunteer," said Eric Westrich of Perkiomenville.
"This is great. It helps support recycling. This is what we do here," said Charlie Wilkinson of Breinigsville.
The project was run in conjunction with the Volunteer Center of the Lehigh Valley.
"We coordinate with social service agencies in the Lehigh Valley who need volunteers for their programs. We coordinate with big groups and individuals and bring them together," said the center's Sandie Kelly.
The organizations receiving the donated recycling bins and garden kits include:
- Lehigh County Conference of Churches - Allentown
- Roosevelt Community Elementary School - Allentown
- East Side Memorial Little League - Allentown
- Boys & Girls Club of Allentown – Allentown
- Volunteer of America Children’s Center - Allentown
- Broughal Community Middle School – Bethlehem
- New Bethany Ministries Soup Kitchen - Bethlehem