The eight annual Justin Sheftel Memorial Softball Tournament will be held from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, June 16, at the Parkland High School Athletic Complex in South Whitehall.
The tournament is named in memory of 2005 Parkland graduate Justin Sheftel, who was killed by a drunken driver in Ocean City, MD, shortly after his graduation.
The money raised goes to scholarships and community contributions in Sheftel's name.
Starting with four teams its first year, the tournament has grown to 22 teams. This year, the teams will be divided into four men’s divisions and two women’s divisions, according to the Justin Sheftel Memorial Fund website.
Activities will support the fund's message to avoid "drinking and driving."
In addition to the games, there will be:
* An opening ceremony at 8:45 a.m., on the main softball field, with the Sheftel family.
* A silent auction from 10:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
* A Mocktail Event, sponsored by Red Robin, at 4 p.m.
* A Paint the Hat booth at mid-day.
* A 50/50 raffle, starting at noon, and held every hour to 7 p.m.
* Food, from Grumpy's Bar-B-Que Roadhouse and Whary Hotdogs, and merchandise available for purchase.
The girls' championship game will be held after 4 p.m., and the men's championship game at 7:45 p.m.
Admission is free.
Rain date will be June 26.