Lehigh County Open Gate Farm Tour Oct. 21
Lehigh County Open Gate Farm Tour
Sunday, Oct. 21, 2012
1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Come celebrate the harvest and support Lehigh County farmers!
Agriculture in Lehigh County has many faces. Take advantage of this once-a-year opportunity to learn about local agriculture during the Open Gate Farm Tour sponsored by Penn State Extension in Lehigh County. This annual event has been conducted in Lehigh County for over 40 years. There is no charge to go to any of these sites. Bring your family to any of these locations on Sunday, Oct. 21, between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. It's rain or shine! Dress casually and enjoy the day! Look for the number on the sign that coincides with the number listed below.
1. Bear Rock Junction, 7990 Route 309, New Tripoli, PA 18066
2. Blue Mountain Vineyards, 7627 Grape Vine Drive, New Tripoli, PA 18066
4. Burnside Plantation, 1461 Schoenersville Road, Bethlehem, PA 18018
5. Byler's Farm, 8737 Ashfield Road, Slatington, PA 18080
6. Flint Hill Farm, 1922 Flint Hill Road, Coopersburg, PA 18036
7. The Gress Mountain Ranch, 3264 Highland Road, Orefield, PA 18069
8. Grim's Greenhouse and Farm Market, 9941 Schantz Road, Breinigsville, PA 18031
9. Haines Mill Museum, 3600 Haines Mill Road, Allentown, PA 18104
10. Hill Crest Farm, 7148 Oriole Road, Germansville, PA 18053
11. Lyon Creek Farm, 3502 Blacksmith Road, New Tripoli, PA 18066
12. Manito Equestrian Center, 2160 North Cedar Crest Boulevard, Allentown, PA 18104
13. Marwell Dairy Farm, 2072 Cassel Road, Coopersburg, PA 18036
14. Pappy's Orchard, 2576 Cassel Road, Coopersburg, PA 18036
15. Rainbow Farm, 6707 Scholler Road, New Tripoli, PA 18066
17. Venture Farms, 5728 Fritzinger Road, Germansville, PA 18053
18. Wehr's Fruit Stand and Farm, 3245 Route 309, Orefield, PA 18069
19. Willow Haven Farm, 7686 Herber Road, New Tripoli, PA 18066
For a complete description of each stop and directions, go to Lehigh County Extension’s website or call 610-391-9840 and a copy will be mailed to you.
The Open Gate Farm Tour is part of Penn State Extension’s program in Lehigh County. For more information on this and other programs, contact Erin L. Frederick at 610-391-9840.